Friday, July 16, 2010

Hello to Our Readers from Laurel Corona

I'm really pleased to be part of this group, and to kick off what I hope will be a lively stream of posts of interest to you, our readers. I'm enjoying a wonderful summer, working on my fourth historical novel, tentatively called THE SHAPE OF THE WORLD. It's set in Portugal and Spain at the time of Henry the Navigator and Ferdinand & Isabella. I'm about 350 pages in, so it should be done this fall. At the same time I am working hard to be ready for the release of my second novel, PENELOPE'S DAUGHTER, which is coming out on October 5 from Penguin/Berkley Books, and doing the edits on the manuscript of my third historical novel, THE LAWS OF MOTION, coming out from Simon & Schuster/Gallery Books in April 2011. It's hard to juggle all three, but I'm not complaining. It's a very nice position to be in! If you're interested in more information about the process of writing a book, I've been blogging about it at, and if you're the kind who prefers your information Facebook-sized, I have a page there as well. Look for me as "Laurel Corona, Author." Thought for the day from Goethe: "Nothing is worth more than this day." Use it well!


Georgeanne Irvine said...

Hi Laurel,
Thanks for posting our very first blog entry. Can't wait to read your new books!

Post a Comment